10 Things You Should Know About “Inkigayo” MC Roh Jeong Eui

From her debut to her next work, we’ve got you covered.

She stepped into the spotlight with 18 Again and made a name for herself through her MC-ing gig with Inkigayo. One-third of the “jjunijun” MC trio, Roh Jeong Eui is shaking K-Pop fans’ hearts with her endearing smile and irrefutable talent. Here’s all you need to know about the lovable star.

| @jeongeuiyam/Instagram

1. She’s a veteran actor

She began her acting career more than 10 years ago in 2011.

Roh Jeong Eui in her debut work.

She was only 10 years old when she debuted in Bachelor’s Vegetable Store as the young version of Han Tae In, played by Lee Se Young. The two actually have a striking resemblance!

Lee Se Young.

2. Her breakthrough role

She landed her breakthrough role only recently in 2020 with 18 Again. She played the spunky teenage daughter of the main character, Hong Shi A. Put into a love triangle with popular male actors, Golden Child‘s Bomin and Hwang In Youb, it’s no wonder that international viewers fell for her too.

3. Shooting to stardom

She took on the role of NJ in Our Beloved Summer in 2021. This really put her on the map for her acting and visuals. She won the New Female Actor award at SBS’s Acting Awards in 2021 for the role.

Shedding her baby fat and bleaching her hair blond made her look like the perfect idol, something which was picked up by broadcasters as…

4. …she became the MC for “Inkigayo”

It’s not the first time that music shows have selected actors for MCs but she’s the first actress to host the show in 3 years. The last actress to host Inkigayo was Shin Eun Soo in 2019. Since then, she has been steadily impressing viewers with her MC-ing skills weekly.


5. She’s nicknamed “MOA’s Princess”

As she MCs alongside TXT‘s Yeonjun, his fans have lovingly dubbed her as their “princess“. This is thanks to her gorgeous, delicate looks as well as her role as the maknae of the jjunijun trio. She’s become fast friends with the two other MCs, Yeonjun and Seo Beom June, as they even sent her a coffee cart for her upcoming drama.

6. She keeps slim through pilates

Roh Jeong Eui’s exercise of choice is pilates. It is a no-brainer as many Korean celebrities use pilates to keep their body trim while toning their body lines and training flexibility at the same time. She lost a total of 7kg for her role in Our Beloved Summer through pilates and diet.

| @jeongeuiyam/Instagram

80% of the weight loss was thanks to my pilates teacher, @pilates_space… the other 20% is through dieting.

— Roh Jeong Eui

7. She attends the same salon as TWICE

Thought her makeup style looked familiar? Roh Jeong Eui’s hair and makeup are helmed by the famous BIT & BOOT salon which styles many idols including TWICE, EXO, and NCT 127. She once even got an “idol makeover” from the stylist who gave her Sana‘s makeup. Check out the video below.

8. The unfated drama

She was cast as Seo Ji Min in Dear. M, a collaborative work between Playlist Studios and KBS. Fans were delighted as she took over for Kim Sae Ron who dropped out of the project. Unfortunately, while the drama had been slated to air in 2021, it has been infinitely pushed off thanks to a scandal involving one of the cast members.


9. She’s a makeup model for KIRSH

While IVE‘s Jang Wonyoung models for KIRSH‘s clothing line, her contract with Innisfree left an opening for their makeup line. They have since hired Roh Jeong Eui to be their spokesmodel for their makeup products. Their fun, fresh and youthful image suit her perfectly.

| @kirsh_blending/Instagram

10. Her next move

Her next work is the movie Hwangya. Not much else is known about the movie apart from its cast. She will act opposite veteran Ma Dong Seok as well as rising star Lee Jun Young.

Even though she’s only 21 years old, she’s already shown so much of her talent. We know that her star will only shine brighter in the years to come!