Korean netizens are currently obsessed with an actor who, despite being a 66-liner, looks at least a couple of decades younger.
The actor in question is Chuando Tan. Based in Singapore, Tan is actually a multifaceted artist known as a celebrated photographer, model, and director, aside from his acting. He is also the founder of the international modeling agency Ave Management.
Tan started his career as a fashion model when he was just 16 years old. After retiring from professional modeling in 1996, he switched lanes to fashion photography and co-founded a photography firm, ChuanDo & Frey, in 2006. This firm has worked with big-name celebrities, including Janet Jackson, Angelababy, and Rita Ora.
Tan dabbled in showbiz while he was still a model. In 1993, he released a ten-track album. But after that, his singing career hasn’t progressed anywhere. In 2020, he made his silver-screen debut with the movie Precious Is The Night as the main lead.
Despite his long list of achievements, Tan actually caught popular attention because of his age-defying looks in 2017. He made local and international headlines with his unbelievable appearance, and even publications like The New York Post and The Daily Mail covered his story.
The artist has reportedly shared some of his secrets for maintaining his youthful looks, which include consistent weight training from early 20s, consuming and burning equal amounts of calories, ensuring a healthy and positive mindset, investing in an enjoyable activity, simple but consistent skincare, and cutting off caffeine including black tea or coffee.
Though South Korea has its share of celebrities who look several decades younger, Tan’s story has left Korean netizens in shock. Some commended his hard work, while others were inspired to follow his advice.
- “No, but that’s an oppa…crazy.”
- “Sixth point onwards, it’s impossible.”
- “What in the world…”
- “Wow, I need to work out.”
- “Wow, crazy.”
- “That’s impossible; he looks like he’s in his 30s????”
- “That’s crazy.”
- “There’s no sign of a 57-year-old anywhere…?”
- “That’s amazing…”
- “You’re saying he is a 66-liner? Working out must be really important.”
- “He’s the same age as my dad, though…?”
- “He must be very good at maintaining himself, but the pictures he uploads on Instagram are heavily retouched.”
- “Even if the pictures are edited, considering his age, his self-maintenance is top tier.”
- “Working out + giving up coffee…the difficulty level is too high.”
- “He’s amazing.”
- “The secret of youth is too difficult…If you’re putting in that much effort, it’s obvious that you will be rewarded with a youthful appearance.”