In an interview with the Korean press xportsnews, American composer Frank Wildhorn—the genius behind some of Korea’s most beloved musicals like Jekyll & Hyde and Death Note: The Musical—made a proposal to BTS‘s V that musical-goer ARMYs would love to see happen!
Pointing out how BTS members have announced the pursuit of solo activities, the musical composer suggested member V consider debuting in the musical theater world with his mega-hit Jekyll & Hyde.
Korean content is doing well in New York and across the United States. And I would like to propose something. BTS is loved in America and all over the world. And I hear the members are taking an off-season and, from what I know, they are taking time to pursue solo activities.
— Frank Wildhorn
Frank Wildhorn commented he had seen V singing the dramatic “This Is The Moment” from the said musical “on Instagram somewhere some months ago,” likely referring to a snippet from an episode of BTS BOMB that highlighted the behind-the-scenes of BTS’s “Black Swan” music video shoot at the Los Angeles Theater.
The composer then asked the Korean reporters to relay his hopeful message to the BTS member.
I saw a clip on Instagram somewhere some months ago. [BTS members] were rehearsing for a concert or something. I think they were checking the sound system before the show. When it became V’s turn, he sang ‘This Is The Moment.’
When you run into him, I would appreciate it if you let him know that Frank Wildhorn wants him to play the role of Jekyll. I got a lot of messages from my friends telling me to check Instagram, like ‘V is singing “This Is The Moment” right now!’ Since I don’t have any means to communicate with him directly, I hope the reporters will let him know.
— Frank Wildhorn
Based on Frank Wildhorn’s high praise of the member, ARMYs, too, hope to see V as Jekyll one day!
- “I’m a musical theater fan and my heart started racing as soon as I read this. Will I be able to get my hands on a ticket, ever? LOL.”
- “V’s a star!!!”
- “Wait, WHAT?! Whoa.”
- “I love how V hasn’t even responded but we’re all worried about ticketing.”
- “V has that duality, so I think he would make a good Jekyll.”
- “He’s receiving interest from a lot of industries. I do wonder how he’ll do. I’ve seen him on stage, he seems really expressive.”
- “I’LL BE HERE WAITING.”
- “Wow, daebak!“
- “I work three days a week. But if V is to make a musical theater debut, I will work one more day so I can save money for the tickets. Can’t wait to see it happen one day.”
- “Didn’t soprano Sumi Jo also hear him sing that song and say she was pleasantly surprised? They’re talking about the same video, I think.”
- “I AGREE, LOL.”
- “Go V!”