Audiences have shown a mixed response to the latest episode of Extraordinary Attorney Woo, and one scene, in particular, is drawing criticism.
In the August 17 episode of the drama, a fellow lawyer is seen alienating Woo Young Woo from a case. Woo Young Woo’s friend and colleague Choi Soo Yeon was seen about to defend attorney Woo before being dissuaded by Kwon Min Woo
The senior lawyers we will work with aren’t all like Jang Myung Suk. We need to learn how to work with all of them.
— Kwon Min Woo
Choi Soo Yeon then yells at Kwon Min Woo, telling him that Woo Young Woo was being shunned for no reason.
You go on ahead and learn to work with them if you’d like. Young Woo is getting kicked off for no reason.
— Choi Soo Yeon
Kwon Min Woo then tries to persuade Choi Soo Yeon that they aren’t afforded the same understanding as Woo Young Woo and that if they complained, they would be seen as hard to work with.
Choi Soo Yeon then asks Kwon Min Woo to stop being so tactical and just do the right thing. When Kwon Min Woo asks, “Why do I have to do that?” Choi Soo Yeon responded.
Because that is the type of man that I like.
— Choi Soo Yeon
Netizens had a mixed response to this scene. Many netizens felt the loveline was forced and didn’t enjoy the scene at all.
- “I think that might be the worst line of 2022. I can’t believe Choi Soo Yeon wants Kwon Min Woo to stand up for Woo Young Woo because she likes him. The romance feels so forced.”
- “The drama is losing what made it so good. I really didn’t want them to end up together.”
- Is this Kwon Min Woo’s redemption arc? Why did they turn off our spring’s sunlight?
While other netizens enjoyed the scene, stating they love how Kwon Min Woo’s character has changed since falling in love with Choi Soo Yeon.
- “I love the chemistry between the two. Kwon Min Woo seemed so cool today.”
- “I love how they interact with each other. They seem like friends and lovers.”
- “Kwon Min Woo seemed so dependable today. I love to see how he tries to protect Choi Soo Yeon in his own way.”
What are your thoughts? How do you feel about Kwon Min Woo and Choi Soo Yeon?