BIGBANG‘s Taeyang is going viral for his humble character.
Recently the BIGBANG member was featured on a YouTube video for YouTube channel 1theK, where he revealed a story about his “Vibe” collaborator, BTS‘s Jimin.
In the video, Taeyang shared something Jimin told him that touched him. According to Taeyang, Jimin had told him that the only chords he knew how to play were the chords to Taeyang’s “Wedding Dress.”
Jimin once told me, ‘Hyungnim, there is only one chord I can play on the piano, and that is to your song Wedding Dress.’
Taeyang then revealed the reason why Jimin’s words were so touching.
The reason why that is so touching is that I think only real fans would remember the song. I was so touched.
Although the anecdote touched fans who were happy to see two K-Pop industry titans get along so well, many were confused as to why Taeyang would think only “real” fans would remember “Wedding Dress.”
- “Isn’t the song famous AF? LOL. I’ve all of a sudden become a ‘real’ fan.”
- “Did I just become a ‘real’ fan?”
- “??? Who doesn’t know this song?”
- “Huh? Even I know this song. Everyone would know if they listened to it.”
- “But I am not a ‘real’ fan…”
- “No, it isn’t. Anyone from that era would probably know this song, LOL.”
- “I’ve all of a sudden become Taeyang’s ‘real fan.'”
After all, at its time, “Wedding Dress” was one of the biggest songs in K-Pop. The song currently has over 72 million views on YouTube.
Taeyang recently came back from his hiatus by releasing his much-anticipated single with BTS’s Jimin. Check out the duet’s “Vibe” in the link below!