BLACKPINK‘s Jennie, whose private photos were recently leaked, has made her alleged private Instagram account even more exclusive.
In the early morning of September 20, the idol’s alleged private account unfollowed everyone and also blocked all of her followers.
As of this writing, the private account isn’t following anyone, nor is it followed by anyone. It seems Jennie has cut off her private Instagram from her friends, making her posts only viewable to herself.
This follows the several months-long “leaking” of her private photos by an alleged hacker. The hacker recently alleged that the photos were leaked through a presumed acquaintance of Jennie, which may have played a role in the idol’s decision to purge her account.
Netizens reacted to the idol’s account change with sympathy, with many stating that they couldn’t imagine the amount of stress she must be going through.
In a viral post titled, “Jennie Purged Her Private Account At Dawn,” which has been viewed over 257K times, as of this writing, netizens commented their concern for the idol.
- “Honestly, she must be so stressed.”
- “Honestly, it is amazing that she’s able to mentally hold herself together in front of the public. It must be so hard for her.”
- “The hacker is seriously the worst. How many months has it been already?”
- “I really feel bad for Jennie.”
- “It seems regardless of whether she was hacked, she purged her private account so that there isn’t another source for the hacker. You guys should all stop caring about this too.”
- “I am honestly concerned for Jennie. If the pictures I uploaded onto my secret account were shared by my friends, I would be concerned too. I can’t imagine what Jennie must be going through.”