Netizens reacted to reports stating BLACKPINK‘s Jisoo has been cast in the highly-anticipated movie Omniscient Reader.
On October 24, it was reported that BLACKPINK’s Jisoo had been cast in the upcoming movie Omniscient Reader.
Omniscient Reader is based on a Korean webtoon of the same name and is widely regarded as one of the most influential webtoons to date.
If true, Jisoo would be joining a stellar cast of stars, including Lee Min Ho, Nana, Ahn Hyo Seop, Chae Soo Bin, and Jung Sung Il. The movie would also mark Jisoo’s theatrical debut.
As the news went viral, many netizens reacted to the casting. Unfortunately, it seems not many are convinced that casting Jisoo in the highly-anticipated movie was the best decision.
- “It’s a movie and not a series? Why? Wouldn’t it be better if this was a series? Plus, Jisoo seems like a really weak casting choice for a movie. There isn’t one actor that I’m looking forward to (in a movie).”
- “She really doesn’t match Lee Ji Hye (Jisoo’s character)… Honestly, I thought the movie did a good job of casting until now…”
- “These comments are worrying me.”
- “Huh? She’s Ji Hye?”
- “F@ck. I wish they left Omniscient Reader alone… Sigh.”
- “Jisoo… Ah… Goodbye…”
- “Ji Hye…”
- “Wow, this was a movie I was looking forward to, but then they sprinkled Jisoo on this… Sigh… LOL.”
What are your thoughts?