Netizens reacted to CELINE and BVLGARI‘s show of support for BLACKPINK‘s Lisa amid reports of backlash in China.
On November 3, BVLGARI and CELINE posted an outpour of support for BLACKPINK’s Lisa amid reports stating that the brands were distancing themselves from the idol due to her Crazy Horse backlash.
On this day, BVLGARI CEO Jean-Christophe Babin uploaded several photos of the idol. Although the CEO chose to upload the photos to his story rather than his Instagram feed, the photos seem to be a direct response to previous reports.
Celine also showed their support for the idol by posting a photo of the idol on their official Instagram.
Netizens reacted to the news by expressing vindication over the previous reports. Others complimented the BVLGARI CEO for standing up for the brand’s ambassador.
She's over they said
While CELINE and Bvlgari CEO:
— Annz | Fan Account (@Ann19th) November 3, 2023
This chinese fanpage trying so hard to be relevant, no body cares about your banned, lisa still on bulgari IG and Celine just post her on both feed and Story after her weibo account close in china, hence no one cares move on. pic.twitter.com/pFuyXQeyLr
— 👩🚀🏆 blink-lilies 327 (@teremysia) November 3, 2023
- “They must not be concerned about China.”
- “CELINE also uploaded photos of Lisa. Korean netizens were overreacting from the start, LOL.”
- “I can’t believe you guys are tipping the media off about a makeup brand CEO’s Instagram.”
- “I guess it’s only China that canceled her, LOL. Who is being nervous again?”
- “What do you mean people were overreacting? Do you think it’ll be like nothing happened? Who is nervous? You? LOL.”
- “To be honest, people may have overreacted here, but Koreans didn’t really care.”
- “Who criticizes an idol after checking a makeup brand CEO’s Instagram? LOL. Even fans don’t look in there. You guys are seriously psycho.”
Meanwhile, CELINE and BVLGARI have yet to officially comment on why Lisa’s photos were deleted from their Chinese accounts. What are your thoughts?