An unnamed MNH employee recently came under fire after it was found that they had been unauthorizedly selling exclusive polaroids of Chungha. The employee remains unnamed as they had sold these polaroids to a fan, who then attempted to resell these polaroids.
Another fan who goes by the nickname “Leejyu” (@ppojyu_ch on Twitter) found the polaroids on sale on a used goods marketplace. They decided to chat up the seller to find out the truth.
The seller claimed that the photos were “taken firsthand.”
A closer look at the polaroids showed that they were taken at various occasions including behind-the-scenes at photoshoots, music video filming, and more. There was no way that these could be taken by someone who was not a staff.
Leejyu began to question the seller, posing as a potential buyer.
- Leejyu: Did you take these photos on site directly? Are you a staff?
- Seller: The staff member was my acquaintance. If you look carefully, there are photos taken on site at M!Countdown, or shooting for the MV and album jacket, etc.
- Leejyu: Does the staff know that you are selling these, and is there no issue with this?
- Seller: These Polaroids were purchased by me. There’s no issue with me reselling them.
- Leejyu: You bought these polaroids from a staff?
- Seller: Yes.
- Leejyu: I asked about this because there’s a fan online that’s selling these polaroids, and they’re not from any event or anything. Thanks for the reply. Can I share the above replies with other fans?
- Seller: Yes. I used to be a Byulharang too, so I bought them. It doesn’t matter if you share the replies, but if you’re in doubt, I recommend you not to buy these.
Another fan (Chunghasale) who discovered this listing tried to sell them on Twitter and Instagram as a middleman. Other fans have called out Chunghasale for enticing the above seller with a “better deal” by creating a group order sale to international fans.
— jsjwejwj (@jahsjwjw199) October 12, 2023
Fans are rightfully angered at the matter, claiming that the staff violated her privacy and more.
If u buy this polaroid u are te worst I can't believe they are violating her privacy like this if this did not drop years ago was for a reason this is disgusting https://t.co/Jf6cquwxJD
— anny (@byuldoll) October 12, 2023
oh these photos are even worse, they look too personal/intimate. how can you stomach buying these undisclosed polaroids knowing you’re invading your favorite artist’s privacy? truly shameless. https://t.co/qotr0co4wG
— 텐ఇ (@deitychungha) October 12, 2023
This comes at a terrible time, given that Chungha has recently left MNH, signing with More Vision.
So… mnh are so desperate for money that they are violating her privacy cause they neglected and let chungha slip away -the person who is solely responsible for anything mnh has-. They’re so fucking stupid😒 https://t.co/RRhSPOsTM0
— daisy the donkey (@daisythedonkey7) October 12, 2023
While Chungha is safely out of MNH, fans continue to be angry at the company for disrespecting her.