CIX‘s Bae Jinyoung first made his way onto the screen with Produce 101 in 2017. He made his official debut with Wanna One later in the same year. Back then, he was a mere 17 years old. His fresh-faced beauty captured the entire nation.
His main appeal was his aegyo which made his low voice unexpected.
His charms got him to 10th place during the final ranking, and he debuted as a member of Wanna One with over 807,000 votes.
He debuted with CIX in 2019 as the visual, center, and lead dancer. The group recently held its first solo concert, CIEX 1st Seoul Concert, from April 15 to 17, 2022. Fans who got a glimpse of Bae Jinyoung during the show were shocked by his new look.
He sported bright red hair and multiple tattoos. Although the tattoos are presumably temporary, they were enough to send fans into overdrive.
He noticeably had tattoos on his neck as well.
Fans were taken aback by his more mature look.
Although he had always been tall and slim, Bae Jinyoung seems to have bulked up over the years.
His baby fats on his cheeks were all gone.
This left him with pronounced cheekbones. Paired with his sky-high nose bridge and statuesque jaw, he looked completely different.
Of course, with five years between his first debut and now, it’s inevitable that he would mature and change. While fans who have been following the group closely might not have noticed the difference as starkly, to netizens that revisited the star after a long time, it was a huge shock.
- “Wow, he looks completely different from when he was in Wanna One. He got cooler.”
- “Super f*cking handsome.”
- [deleted comment]
- “Are they real tattoos or temporary ones?”
- “He doesn’t suit red hair. The black hair pics in the comments are really pretty.”
- “Wow, he grew so tough [looking].”
- “Wow, I was so surprised. He looks completely different. He grew up.”
- “I was like, how different can he look? But I got so surprised because he changed so much, LOL.”
We’re digging the new look and vibe! Be sure to show some support for CIX and Bae Jinyoung by tuning in to their latest comeback, “WAVE.”