Due to the ankle injury sustained in early June, EXO‘s Kai will be unable to promote alongside his fellow members for their upcoming repackage album, Lotto.
With only one day left before the release of Lotto, EXO’s repackage album, it has been revealed on the 17th that member Kai will unfortunately be sitting out during the upcoming promotions in order to let his ankle heal completely without putting any strains to the injury.
Last month in July during EXO’s third concert EXO Planet #3 – EXO’rDIUM, Kai sustained a second injury to the ankle following the first in June, urging him to become almost “bedridden” with no additional activities that would involve harsh or excess movement.
A media spokesperson also reported that Kai will not be able to participate in the recording of KBS Music Bank, which is scheduled for the 19th, and that it will most likely be difficult to see the injured artist at all during the next few weeks of promotion.
Many EXO fans have shown their worries for the star with supportive comments.
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.
- A fast recovery is the most important thing right now.
- Hurry up and get well, Kaiㅠㅠㅠ Being healthy is the bestㅠㅠ
- Though I’m a little disappointed that I won’t be able to see our Nini perform, since health is the most important to think about right now, I hope he’ll be able to recover quickly and show us an even cooler stage once he’s healed! Recovery comes first!
- Of all the people involved, I’m sure Jongin is suffering the most right now… don’t be upset about the injury and heal quickly so that you can stand on stage by the end of the year and show us awesome end-of-the-year performances!
- Jongin-ah, you have to get all better, okay?ㅠㅠ