“Fantasy Boys” Mentor (G)I-DLE’s Soyeon Surprises Viewers With Her Reaction To A Botched Performance
Following the first two episodes of Fantasy Boys, a second boys-only season of MBC‘s My Teenage Girls, (G)I-DLE Soyeon‘s mentorship is catching viewers by surprise.
During the “first semester eliminations,” Soyeon mentored trainee Moon Jae Young who botched his evaluation performance.
Viewers watched Soyeon’s face turn “intimidating” as the trainee struggled with his singing and dancing…
…and they heard the disappointment in her voice as she told him to “bring a better attitude.”
Moon Jae Young (M): I don’t think I’ll be able to hit the pitch.
Soyeon (S): So… what? What are we doing, then? You’re going to quit like this?
M: No, no… I’m going to get it right.
S: Listen. You keep telling me you won’t be able to whenever I ask you to do something. So… I don’t know what else I can do for you at this point. Before you work on singing and dancing, I think you should work on your mindset first. You need to bring a better attitude.
M: I understand.
S: Do you? Do you actually understand, though?
S: OK, then.
The clip of this interaction between Soyeon and Moo Jae Young began circulating online—with one tweet getting over 1.5M views. Online communities saw an influx of comments pointing out Soyeon’s professionalism…
— 진수 (@heunghacnayo) April 6, 2023
This trainee… WTF is wrong with him?
…as well as Moon Jae Young’s lack of it.
- “Remember when Soyeon was a trainee on Produce 101? It makes no sense for some of these people to be on this show at their skill levels. I’m glad she told Moon Jae Young to work on his attitude first. This must be so stressful for her…”
- “She was so patient with him… Moon Jae Young was rude and not taking the evaluation seriously at all.”
- “Wow, I can tell that she’s really holding back her rage. Haha. I’m impressed at how professionally she handled the whole thing.”
- “I hope Moon Jae Young sees this clip of himself and learns what he could do better. At first, I thought he was acting like that because he was nervous. But it’s obvious that this isn’t a one-time thing. This is how he is. I looked up some of his past videos and he’s not that great at singing in general. He needs to re-evaluate his skills, mindset, and his dream to become an idol.”
- “And I thought My Teenage Girls was terrible… This is even worse. LMAO. It’s just amazing that Soyeon agreed to take on yet another producer role.”
Moon Jae Young has since been eliminated from the show—as viewers continue to discuss “what it takes to become a K-Pop idol like Soyeon.”
- “She had all the right to be intimidating. You can tell he was on the show for fun and he wasn’t taking it seriously at all.”
- “Wow, she handled him like a professional. Does he think he can debut as an idol like that? I don’t even think he practiced at all.”
- “I don’t understand the production team who cast him in the first place.”
- “We all know someone like him, though. That kid in class who never listens to the teacher. The one who keeps talking back. The one who doesn’t realize what he’s doing because his friends laugh at what he’s doing. I don’t think he has a future in K-Pop. This video is going to be evidence.”
- “How old is he, born 2001? He’s old enough to enlist. Watching him made me sigh… I can imagine how upset Soyeon must have felt.”
- “He was so rude and he didn’t know how to read the room. I can’t believe he didn’t prepare for his evaluation. And then he gave up in the middle of her feedback session! He needs to stop trying to smile his way out of situations. He’s 23. That’s old enough to know right from wrong.”
- “I don’t want to add to the backlash he’s getting since he has been eliminated already. But I think if he’s going to keep pursuing this career path, he needs to work a lot harder.”
- “I’m not even going to talk about his skill set. He needs to stop acting like everything’s so funny.”
Watch the full clip here.
(G)I-DLE’s Miyeon And Yuqi Spill On “Rich Girl Minnie’s” Unexpected Financial Habit
K-Netizens Have Mixed Feelings About (G)I-DLE’s Recent Performance Outfits
(G)I-DLE’s Soyeon Opens Up About The Hospitalization She Kept Secret During “Produce 101”
(G)I-DLE’s Yuqi And LE SSERAFIM’s Yunjin Are So Close That They Send Each Other The Most Meme-able Selfies