The Glory‘s Kim Hieora is going viral after revealing why she didn’t wear a bra for most of her scenes.
Recently, Kim Hieora was interviewed by Allure Korea. Kim Hieora, who has been receiving rave reviews for her portrayal of Lee Sa Ra, revealed the extreme lengths she was willing to go to express her character.
Lee Sa Ra is one of five former bullies that Song Hye Kyo‘s character exacts revenge on. Lee Sa Ra is the daughter of a minister and an artist who is addicted to drugs and partying. She is often depicted in the drama looking dazed and confused.
Kim Hieora revealed in the interview that Lee Sa Ra is a “Total psycho” and that to express that to viewers, she had filmed most of her scenes without wearing a bra.
I would think, ‘Today, I have to be even more psychotic.’ To express Lee Sa Ra’s freedom, I hardly ever wore underwear. I filmed most of the time while wearing a patch and without a bra.
— Kim Hieora
Kim Hieora shared that some were apprehensive about the actress’s choice.
In the scene where I am only wearing a scarf as a top, I only wore a patch, and a lot of people asked, ‘Are you sure you’re okay being filmed like this?’
— Kim Hieora
The interview has since gone viral in online communities. Netizens praised the actress for her commitment to the character.
- “She literally emodies Sa Ra.”
- “It turns out she also learned how to smoke for the character also. She’s literally Sa Ra…”
- “Sa Ra really does seem like she wouldn’t wear a bra, LOL. It matches the character well.”
- “The way she says her lines are especially believable. It sticks with you.”
- “She’s the embodiment of Sa Ra… I loved the scarf top the best.”
The Glory returns this week on March 10. Can’t wait? Check out the trailer in the link below.