IU Donates Over $700,000 USD To Underprivileged Individuals In Celebration Of Her 13-Year Anniversary
IU has donated ₩850 million KRW (about $723,000 USD) worth of goods to numerous charities and organizations to celebrate her 13 year debut anniversary.
According to a press release from IU’s agency EDAM Entertainment, IU has worked with many of the companies that she does advertisements for and donated ₩850 million KRW (about $723,000 USD) worth of goods to multiple charities and organizations. The full list of donations is as follows:
- 1,000 pairs of New Balance sneakers to teenagers who are nearing the end of their allowed time at shelters
- 2,000 Banolim pizzas for children and teenagers in shelters
- 2,000 coats and winter gear from BLACKYAK for children and teenagers in shelters ahead of the winter season
- 300 Evezari blanket and bedding sets to health centers
- 2,000 first aid kits from Kyungdong Pharmaceutical to health centers
- 30,000 bottles of Jeju Samdasoo Water to health centers
IU, who is attached to the brands she usually uses, wanted to donate daily necessities to the right places to mark her debut anniversary. IU proposed the offer to each brand, and IU will also be personally contributing for half of the cost of the goods.
— EDAM Entertainment
This means IU will have put in ₩425 million KRW (about $362,000 USD) of her own money for the donation. IU has been donating to charities and organizations since her debut in 2008.
IU’s Fandom Is So “Scary” That A Veteran Idol Apologized Just To Stay On Their Good Side
How IU Unintentionally Helped A Male Idol Get Better Treatment During His Military Service
IU Was Begging Yoo In Na To Stay On The Phone With Her… And Yoo In Na Just Said “Nope”
Taiwanese Fashion Influencer Apologizes For “Grabbing” IU At Gucci Event