Joo Won is one of the top actors in South Korea. He has starred in many famous dramas such as Good Doctor, Yongpal, and Bread, Love, and Dreams.
It is a widely known fact amongst fans that he got his double eyelids done in college. In his teens, he had naturally low inner double eyelids like in the photo below.
Even up to middle school, he did not have double eyelids.
After his debut, his double eyelids changed from inner to parallel double eyelids.
Recently, in 2024, it seems like he has reversed the surgery. His left eye is back to being a single eyelid.
It could have been done intentionally by a reversal surgery, or it could have happened naturally.
The surgery is not 100% permanent, and the eyelid can return to its original state.
It seems like he is pretty content with the single eyelid as it is, for he has not made moves to restore it.
Fans find that this makes him look even more handsome.
Uneven eyelids are a trend now, as many feel they allow one to pull off a wider range of looks.
He soon went viral for the change! Netizens absolutely love it.
- Single eyelids are better.
- Gasp, it’s so charming how only one side is a single eyelid.
- Damn, this is better.
- I like this more.
- He’s so incredibly charming.
- I wondered who he looked like, but I can’t remember. Not Kang Dong Won.
- Gasp, he really looks like Kang Dong Won.
- Even though he has single eyelids, his eyes are enormous. I loved watching him in Stealer. I love Joo Won.
The current trend for guys in South Korea leans towards single eyelids rather than the dramatic double eyelids of the past! Joo Won’s blessed with natural good looks for sure.