Korean fans are in a state of disbelief after it was reported this BLACKPINK member will not be renewing their contract with YG Entertainment.
BLACKPINK fans are reeling from the news that BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Jennie, and Lisa will not be renewing their contract with their label, YG Entertainment.
The news follows months of speculation and rumors regarding the future of BLACKPINK members.
Although YG Entertainment has since denied the report, Netizens continue to express shock over the news.
With this said, there is one member whose reported exit has shocked netizens most, Jennie.
Jennie debuted with BLACKPINK in 2016 but was first introduced in G-Dragon’s “That XX” music video in 2013.
The singer would soon go on to conquer K-Pop, and in the process become an emblematic figure in YG Entertainment.
Fans therefore were shocked by reports stating that Jennie would not be renewing her contract with YG Entertainment. Many expressed their disbelief in the comments and wondered about the star’s new destination.
- “I didn’t think Jennie would leave.”
- “Wow, Jennie, too?”
- “How about Jennie?”
- “Jisoo fits being an actor. I knew Lisa wasn’t going to re-sign. I wouldn’t if I was Lisa. I am surprised by Jennie though. I guess she wants to leave YG.”
- “Jennie is leaving too? Wow.”
- “Why isn’t there any news about Jennie?”
- “Jennie, not being YG is the biggest shock.”
- “Do we not know where Jennie is going yet?”
- “I am curious about where Jennie is going.”
Meanwhile, YG Entertainment has since responded to the news stating that they were still in negotiations with BLACKPINK members.