Netizens Are Enraged After (G)I-DLE’s Shuhua Is Repeatedly Hit In The Face With Water At 2022 WATERBOMB
It only takes a few bad apples to ruin an experience for everybody, and unfortunately, 2022 WATERBOMB was no exception.
WATERBOMB is one of Korea’s largest summer music festivals.
The summer concert features some of Korea’s hottest acts, and this year was no different, featuring acts like Jessi, (G)I-DLE, Jay Park, Ash Island, Hwasa, and DPR Live.
One of the concert’s signature features is the water gun fights. Many concertgoers bring water guns to spray each other and also the stars performing on stage.
Unfortunately, it seems some fans have abused this by spraying (G)I-DLE‘s Shuhua in the face during her performance, to the point where she wasn’t able to see.
Clips of the performance show the idol struggling to perform while fans repeatedly spray her with water.
워터밤💦#아이들 #여자아이들 #GIDLE #슈화 #SHUHUA #舒華 pic.twitter.com/XwSAMzrs4N
— Chapter.S (@chapter_ysh) June 26, 2022
The idol expressed her discomfort on her live broadcast, where she half-jokingly scolded fans.
I really couldn’t see. I had contact lenses on, and when I opened my eyes, I couldn’t see for like thirty seconds. I told you guys not to go overboard.
shuhua scolding the crowd on waterbomb festival bcs they kept on hitting their eyes with water😂 pic.twitter.com/YC34X5psz5
— peach🍑 (@yontararich) June 26, 2022
Netizens felt that the fans indeed were out of hand and criticized the audience for putting her in danger.
- “Oh, it must have been tough for her.”
- “That’s crazy. Why are they aiming for her face?”
- “The face is dangerous. What if they hit her in the eye? They are so immature.”
- “What is wrong with them? They are aiming right for her face. It must have hurt even more due to the makeup.”
- “She said she had her contacts on. They shouldn’t have aimed for her face. Are they dumb?”
- “They drenched the other members as well. They shouldn’t have gone overboard.”
- “What if she tripped because she couldn’t see?”
Shuhua is a member of (G)I-DLE. The singer is beloved for her down-to-earth personality and for not being afraid to speak her mind. The idol previously was praised by fans for speaking out against the men in a viral clip depicting them assaulting a group of women.