The internet has been lit ablaze since news broke that HYBE has reached out to the alleged victim to negotiate and that the label has no plans to drop Kim Garam from LE SSERAFIM.
Many netizens gathered to a post online that has garnered over 264,000 views. The post titled “I hear Kim Garam is negotiating” posted the initial report by JoongAng Ilbo with a simple preface. The report claimed that HYBE is trying to close the case against Kim Garam by reaching a settlement with the alleged victim.
In the end, it seems HYBE gave in.
With news circulating of a possible settlement, many netizens expressed their disappointment with HYBE. Considering how sensitive the matter of bullying is, many are still calling for Garam to leave the group.
- Negotiate all you want, but can Kim Garam just leave? I am a fan of a different member, but I wish Kim Garam would leave. It really sucks seeing other members suffer because of her, lol.
- So funny, is the public your toy you can just play with?
- If the victim settles, that would be legendary, lol.
- It makes my blood flow to think that after settling Kim Garam will continue promoting… Isn’t that what this is? Me receiving ₩100 million KRW (about $79,300 USD) so that the person I hate the most in this world can receive ₩10.0 billion KRW (about $7.93 million USD) lol…
- Ah, so the victim settles, and she’ll just go back to singing and dancing… Is that your plan? Even then, I won’t be a consumer.
- HYBE, but I thought Garam was the real victim LOL But then you go behind our backs and try to silence her with money… How shameful.
- This feels like ‘Will you accept a million dollars so that the person you hate can make ten million, or take nothing at all”…
- Turn the alleged victim into a criminal and then settle with her?
- How much will they settle for? Will it then wash away her past? LOL Labels that think money will solve their problems sicken me.
- How much are you offering? Lol, f@%k, will you offer like a hundred million?
- If I was the victim, I would never settle. You want to ruin my life, then become an idol and receive love? No way, I would never.
- Wish the victim asks for ₩5.00 trillion KRW (about $3.96 billion USD)
Previously, it was reported that Kim Garam would be taking an indefinite hiatus. The group has since been promoting as a five-membered team. HYBE has stated the possibility of Kim Garam returning to rejoining LE SSERAFIM in the future.
Stay tuned for more updates.