Netizens React To The Stark Contrast Of The “Waiting Rooms” Between The Actors Versus Singers At The 2020 MAMA
The 2020 Mnet Asian Music Awards aired just recently and it has been making headlines ever since with all their lavish performances. However, it’s been recently revealed that there has been a huge contrast between how the singers waited backstage versus how the actors waited during their downtimes. Naturally, this got netizens talking.
In the shocking new photos, idols can be seen waiting in non-ideal conditions. With COVID-19 cases rising in the industry, the safety measures taken are understandable. However, the contrast between how the idols and actors were treated was a bit too obvious.
In these photos, it shows two male idols waiting for their turn outside in a parking lot. With it being December in South Korea, God only knows how cold it must have been.
Next up, we can see NCT member Taeyong getting his make-up touched up while he is waiting in his car. Usually, idols are given dressing rooms where they can get fully styled and done up for their performances. However, due to these weird circumstances, they were forced to make do with their situation.
Another photo showed four male idols waiting for their turn outside. They are all wearing big parkas, which can only indicate the cold weather they waited in.
Those photos of the idols compared to the photos of the actors showed a stark contrast of how the two different industries were given treatment. All the actors who were at the 2020 Mnet Asian Music Awards were there to present awards, while the idols were there to perform.
A photo of actresses Lee Da Hee and Im Soo Jung hugging while waiting for their turn to present accentuated the difference. While the photo in itself was cute, many were upset over the fact that the actresses were waiting comfortably indoors while the rest of the idols were waiting outdoors.
In another photo, actors Kim Ji Suk and Lee Sang Yup made silly faces for the camera while they also wait indoors for their turn.
Netizens had a lot to say about the contrast between how the two, idols and actors, were treated. Many were outraged at MMA for the unfair treatment as they claimed they were “differentiating between the classes“.
- “It’s always hilarious to see how they differentiate between the classes”
- “If they’re going to treat them like that, they might as well do it like MMA!!! While they were presenting, they were doing stupid s**t with the disinfectant girl but behind the scenes it was like this?”
- “Mnet what the f**k”
- “Seriously what the f**k…it’s not like actors are that special”
- “Mnet seriously? You say it’s a ceremony for the singers but you guys are the ones looking down on them. Just because the actors are presenting the awards you’re going to differentiate them by class? Did your ratings increase? Seriously the audacity, you should have handed the awards out well”
- “Wow this is bad”
- “Mnet are you crazy? This pisses me off”
- “Are you serious?”
Needless to say, netizens were not happy with the difference in treatment between the two. What do you all think?