Netizens reacted to the latest photos of BTS‘s Jin training in the military.
On January 6, the military officially shared photos of Jin undergoing his training. Such photos are shared for all trainees, and with Jin having enlisted as a normal citizen as he wished, the military treats him equally and shares his updates just like other trainees.
The photos show Jin engaged in his training. One picture in particular shows Jin had recently gone through the infamous Hwasaengbang training, in which military trainees practice putting on gas masks in a live gas chamber. The picture shows Jin washing his face, which is a typical sight for those who just completed the training.
The Hwasaengbang training gained notoriety after it was featured on variety shows such as Real Men and Infinite Challenge which showed how difficult the training was.
Netizens reacted to the pictures by praising Jin for faithfully completing the training. Others wished the idol strength and health while training in Korea’s unforgiving winter.
- “They look so cold. They are really going through it…”
- “Aw, although I feel for him, I hope he gathers strength and does well. It’s images like this that are really cool.”
- “Seok Jin, ㅠㅠ. It’s cold right, ㅠㅠ? You look so cool, ㅠㅠ. I guess the gas chamber is nothing for Mr. Worldwide Handsome. ㅠㅠ.”
- “You did so well, Seok Jin ㅠㅠ. Hwaiting.”
- “ㅠㅠ, I hope next week is warmer, ㅠㅠ.”
- “You are doing so well in the cold weather. I hope all of the soldiers are safe. ㅠㅠ.”
- “I was wondering what the bottom picture was, and then I realized Jin had gone through the Hwasaengbang training, ㅠㅠ. Seok Jin must have completed the training safely. He’s so cool.”
On December 13, BTS’s Jin entered the 5th Division new recruit training center located in Gyeonggi-do Yeoncheon-gun. Jin will complete five weeks of basic training, after which he will be assigned to his station as an active field soldier.