K-Drama heartthrob Park Seo Joon is rumored to be playing Captain Marvel’s husband in the upcoming Captain Marvel movie.
On December 5, popular Twitter influencer and writer Daniel Richtman alleged Park Seo Joon would be playing the role of Captain Marvel’s husband, Prince Yan.
Park Seo-joon is reportedly playing Carol Danvers’ husband in ‘THE MARVELS’
He’s playing a character called Prince Yan, a leader of a musical planet where everyone has to sing to communicate.
— Cosmic Marvel (@cosmic_marvel) December 5, 2022
The rumors follow months of intrigue after it was first revealed that Park Seo Joon would be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Previously, it was alleged that the actor would be playing Noh-Varr (a.k.a. Marvel Boy).
According to fansite Marvel.fandom.com, Yan is the Prince of planet Aladna. The site states that the Prince was almost forced to marry against his wish due to Aladna’s customs in which only women choose their partner when Captain Marvel intervenes. Captain Marvel marries Yan and then gives him the right to choose his partner.
Marvel fans had a mixed response to the news, with some stating that they weren’t very excited about what the premise of a Prince from a “Musical planet where everyone has to sing to communicate” might mean for the upcoming film.
a musical Planet? Shit is about to get cringy again…
— Elon Musk 🏳️🌈 (@lottlproduction) December 5, 2022
He is quite out of her league..
— girl version of Stirner (@maxxiestirner) December 5, 2022
Korean netizens also showed a mixed response, with some questioning the “musical” premise while others expressed excitement for the movie, “musical” and all.
- “The Prince of a musical planet…? What’s up with the premise? LOL.”
- “A musical planet, LOL. If this is true, it’s going to be hilarious. The concept is interesting.”
- “Just looking at the premise, it looks like a comedy.”
- “Musical…planet…? LOL.”
- “I’m sure he’ll look cool in it once it comes out. I’m getting giddy just thinking about it.”
- “What’s with the response? I think it’ll be fun. LOL. Although the musical part is a little worrying.”
- “I think it’ll be fun! Am I the only one looking forward to it? LOL.”
Stay tuned for updates.