Popular Actor Announces He’s Marrying A Non-Celebrity Japanese Woman 18 Years Younger Than Him — Netizens React
Netizens reacted to actor Shim Hyung Tak, who is 46, marrying a non-celebrity Japanese woman who is 18 years younger than him.
Actor Shim Hyung Tak will be appearing in a reality program with his newly-wed wife. TV Chosun’s Romantics Of Chosun (translated from 조선의 사랑꾼) released a trailer that teases the couple’s upcoming appearance.
Previously, the production team for the program stated that the actor would be marrying his non-celebrity Japanese wife after four years of dating.
Shim Hyung Tak will be marrying his Japanese bride after four years of dating this July.
— TV Chosun
The actor’s bride appears in the trailer with her face hidden and puts the couple’s 18-year age difference into perspective.
I am Japanese. When Shim Hyung Tak was a senior in High School, I was born.
— Shim Hyung Tak’s bride
Shim Hyung Tak introduced his wife as “Someone who doesn’t lie and is really pretty.” When asked how they communicated, Shim Hyung Tak revealed that the couple uses a translator.
In the trailer, the couple is shown facing difficulty due to their language barrier.
Netizens expressed shock at the couple’s age difference and expressed skepticism towards the fact that the couple isn’t able to communicate without a translator. While some netizens criticized the actor, there were others who defended the couple.
- “18 years…”
- “Who cares? She’s an adult. Why are you guys saying stuff like, ‘She is young enough to be his daughter?’ They are physically and mentally grown adults, and they are getting married because they want to. Mind your own business.”
- “18 years… Makes me look at him in a new light, ㅜ.”
- “Wow, she’s young enough to be his daughter, and they aren’t able to communicate.”
- “18 years… And they aren’t able to communicate.”
- “Honestly, this is possible because he is a celebrity. I hope there aren’t men who think this can happen to them, and personally, I wish the media would stop highlighting people like them…”
- “They’re 28 and 46, so what?…”
- “18 years… She can be his daughter. I see (Shim Hyung Tak) differently…”
What are your thoughts? Check out the trailer for the episode in the link below.