An old video of a Turkish woman receiving a haircut has started to go viral in South Korea. The 2019 clip is from a famous Turkish makeover show You’re My Hairdresser, where makeup artists and hair stylists compete against one another for a chance to win a grand prize.
On this particular episode, a model was put in one of the hairdresser’s chairs for a new haircut. While the model knew about a haircut beforehand, she was unprepared for what the hairdresser would do to her long, luscious locks.
In the viral clip, the hairdresser can be seen snipping off a large chunk of the model’s hair — almost 12 inches to be exact. While the model attempts to communicate how long she wants her hair to remain to the hairdresser multiple times throughout the video, he still chopped off almost a foot of her hair, resulting in her devastated reaction.
The model’s upsetting response and the hairdresser’s laughter sent Korean netizens into a fury, as they expressed their anger towards the situation.
- “I am so angryㅠㅠ”
- “She told him multiple times and he still…ㅠㅠ but her hair is really nice.”
- “My god, I got chills from his laughter…”
- “I want to take the hairdresser hostage and wax his entire body. Is he a psychopath or what.”
- “Is he crazy. We need to permanently remove all of his hair.”
- “I f*cking hate this.”
- “It’s so hard to grow your hair out to that length..it’s like the time someone took a female college student’s hair and chopped it into a bob.”
- “Why is he laughing that f*cking a*shole.”
The model eventually returned back to the chair, where she allowed the hairdresser to finish the haircut.
You can watch the viral video in its entirety down below.