Japan’s hilarious “Mundane Halloween” trend is back! This trend was started back in 2014 by people who wanted to dress in “super ordinary things and embody very day-to-day situations.” If you’re too embarrassed to go all out in a full costume, but still want to participate in a clever and subtle way, this is for you! Check out this year’s best costumes below.
1. Loaf of Bread
There’s no difference between this corgi’s butt and a loaf of bread.
2. Muscle Miffy
This guy imitated the viral “muscle Miffy” illusion!
Muscley arms or sitting on a bean bag?
3. A person wondering whether something on the floor is a bug or trash
We’ve all been there!
4. Mom’s friend
Definitely her bestie.
5. A passenger who is likely to get off at the next stop and make room for you
He nailed it, especially with all his belongings in his lap.
6. Person who turned on the shower while cleaning the bathroom
7. Grandma character often seen in video game ads
Have you seen her before?
Sometimes simple is best!
9. Person who failed to grab the train handle without looking
The props are impressive.
10. A person taking a video of a cat riding a robot vacuum cleaner
If you have both of those, then this may be familiar.
11. An otaku who needs to block the glare from the light in order to take a good picture of the item they bought today
The struggle of taking photos of your bias’s photocard!
12. A person who is too lazy to take their shoes off and crawls on their knees through their house to get something they forgot
Just how lazy is this?
13. A kind boyfriend
He sacrifices everything for you.
14. An ahjussi who posted an Instagram selfie
He pulled it off flawlessly.
15. Person who brings the gloves and scissors when the cutting tape
Really, what is this person’s official job title?
16. Person who can’t find their apple pencil
Likely to be found while traveling.
17. Person who dropped their phone on their face
Bonus points for the custom effects.
18. Worker who wore a helmet all day
When he turned around, it’s even more obvious.
19. Person who says he can get himself home at the end of the night but probably can’t
Hang in there, buddy.
20. A person who fell asleep with their head on the desk during lunch break
Don’t worry, nobody can tell!