Netizens reacted to Ahyeon‘s reported departure from BABYMONSTER.
On November 15, News1 reported that the idol had left the group for personal reasons.
The news comes as a shock as the member was originally set to debut with the group in just two weeks.
YG Entertainment confirmed the news in a statement in which they revealed that the decision was made with Ahyeon’s health in mind.
Ahyeon, who was preparing to debut with BABYMONSTER, has decided to focus on her health and rest for the time being due to health reasons. This decision was made following careful discussion.
We are sorry that we could not introduce Ahyeon as a member of BABYMONSTER, but this decision was made in consideration of the health of the artist. We will spare no support so that Ahyeon can fully recover and return in good health.
— YG Entertainment
Korean netizens reacted to the news with shock and confusion as Ahyeon was undoubtedly one of BABYMONSTER’s more popular members.
- “I felt that she was the main member… I wonder which label took her.”
- “In one report, YG says they will tell us later, and in this report, they say she has departed.”
- “There are only two Korean members in the group?”
- “I think their debut was pushed back for her. If it is something personal, I think it might be due to her health.”
- “YG is making a big mistake.”
- “I wish Ahyeon went to a different label… I don’t think there is an all-arounder like her, ㅠ. Then this means BABYMONSTER has 2 Korean members, 2 Thai members, and 2 Japanese members. There are more foreign members than Korean members.”
What are your thoughts?