BLACKPINK’s Jennie stars in HBO’s The Idol, an impactful, hard-hitting drama about the struggles of making it to the top in a dirty industry.
Fans were thrilled to see her make her Hollywood debut as Dyanne, one of the main character’s best friends and dancers.
JENNIE RUBY JANE IS DYANNE
— ٰ (@jnkrated) June 5, 2023
Although the show is known for its raunchy scenes that push the limits, there are also plenty of innocuous clips that Jennie pulled off, showing her idol prowess.
— Kevin Tarazi. (@KevinTarazi) June 5, 2023
Fans also loved seeing her with Troye Sivan, hit singer and Aussie darling.
jennie (dyanne) and troye (xander) dancing together pic.twitter.com/yqStsi175P
— ❦ (@egirIjnk) June 5, 2023
The drama itself contains many steamy scenes involving mostly the main characters. Jennie also had some sexy scenes, including this one where the choreography had her grinding with two dancers.
— officiallyfern (@ilov3fern) June 5, 2023
The naturally more conservative Korean audience did not take too positively to the show. Despite this, many are rooting for Jennie and defending her against the naysayers.
- How did you guys ever watch shows with famous actors doing bed scenes? Why does Jennie become a cheap woman when these are just acting scenes?
- There are many actors who film bed scenes and also so, so many who film crime scenes. Jennie was just acting in accordance with her role so what’s the problem?
- Y’all be crapping about her cosplaying as an actor or something when in real life it’s totally true that she went to Cannes as an actress. Those scenes are also done because she is an actress. I think the b*tches who are cutting her down are just not right in the head.
- I think what’s more embarrassing is the level of your mindset. Thinking like this when it’s just acting, f*ck.
- Did you write similar posts for the actors who did mature scenes in movies or dramas too?
- It’s so disgusting and low of you to sprinkle such posts around. Back then with Sulli too, when she was alive, people cursed her out as if they wanted to kill her but the narrative changed once she died. Please stop bothering Jennie and live your own lives properly.
- Gonna immortalize the state of the upvoted comments here [in case of deletion]. Pann girls should stop cursing male-dominated sites now. I’m getting a true feel of how much you guys cut down female idols.
- Comment in screenshot: Seems like she’s done it a lot before.
- Comment in screenshot: Threesome lol.
Acting is merely acting, and a job is just a job. Jennie acted her role professionally and did a fantastic job portraying Dyanne!