Netflix‘s The Glory actor Jung Sung Il is going viral for resembling none other than Korea’s national comedian, Yoo Jae Suk.
Netflix‘s The Glory is undoubtedly the hottest K-Drama in Korea at the moment. The drama, which tells the story of a woman’s quest for revenge against her High School tormenters, has achieved both critical and commercial success.
One Instagram page, however, took it upon itself to try to save audiences from being overly obsessed with the drama.
Instagram page @ipdukhalrae uploaded a post titled “How To Break Your Obsession With The Glory.”
The account then went on the upload several photos of actor Jung Sung Il, who plays Ha Do Young, the charismatic husband of Lim Ji Yeon’s character on the show.
The page then drops a bomb that is impossible for viewers to unsee. In the last photo, the account states that Jung Sung Il resembles Yoo Jae Suk when he takes his glasses off and acts cool.
Ha Do Young looks like Yoo Jae Suk without his glasses and acting cool.
Netizens cried foul after seeing the post, stating that it was unlikely that they would ever be able to look at the character in the same light again.
- “Wait, LOL. How do you expect me to watch the drama now? LOL.”
- “LOL. They kind of look similar, huh? LOL. They don’t just look similar, but (the actor) resembles Yoo Jae Suk when he takes off his glasses and makes his cheesy expression.”
- “I am going crazy over here, LOL. (He looks like Yoo Jae Suk) when he takes off his glasses and dances to samba, LOL. I’m dead.”
- “He looks like Yoo Jae Suk if god had taken more time.”
- “Their expression is similar.”
- “Wait, LOL. He looks like when Yoo Jae Suk takes off his glasses and makes that expression. LOL.”
What are your thoughts? Do you see the resemblance?