“Itaewon Class” Actress Lee Joo Young Claps Back At A Hate Comment Telling Her To “Wear Some Makeup”
Itaewon Class actress Lee Joo Young is receiving praise for the way she handled a hate comment targeting her looks. The actress recently uploaded a selfie of herself onto her Instagram account showing off her grown out hair. With the caption, “first selfie in awhile,” Lee Joo Young shared two pictures of herself. However, there was one particular commenter who had something to say about her barefaced looks.
The netizen commented under Lee Joo Young’s photo saying, “you should wear some makeup” to which the actress had a little something to say.
Why though? I normally don’t wear any makeup. If you like makeup that much, you should wear it..if you don’t want to see my face, you don’t need to come on my account:)
— Lee Joo Young @i_icaruswalks/Instagram
Her polite, yet savage clap back has been praised by Korean netizens, who loved her response to the malicious commenter.
- “Crazy;;;; obsessed with makeup ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ disease, it’s such a disease.”
- “Whether or not she has makeup on, that’s her choice. She’s pretty barefaced, that was really rude.”
- “I always thought she had a dope vibe, but then I saw her surprising response to the comment ㅋㅋㅋ I never thought about it so why is it a big deal if someone is wearing makeup or not.”
- “Why are they making a big deal over makeup ㅋㅋㅋ geez, the person who commented that needs to fix their manners and stop butting into people’s businesses.”
- “What’s it to you whether someone wears makeup or not.”
- “Her response is so refreshing. She’s so good with her words. It’s so refreshing ㅋㅋㅋ.”
- “You put some on, you idiot.”
Lee Joo Young was previously in the mega-hit series, Itaewon Class, where she portrayed one of the first ever transgender characters to be included in a mainstream Korean drama. She made headlines with her amazing acting abilities and experienced overnight popularity. Following the conclusion of Itaewon Class, Lee Joo Young was offered the lead female role in the 2021 OCN series, Times.