ITZY‘s Lia was recently spotted at a live event experiencing some pain. During the event, she rubbed the back of her neck in pain. As she participated in the pre-events for the World Scout Jamboree K-Pop Super Live, she tried her best to pay attention to the host, but the ache got the better of her.
Fans noticed that she was continuously tending to her neck.
Later on, JYP Entertainment announced that Lia would be sitting out of the actual concert performance itself. The other members took to stage as four.
Belatedly, the issue was brought to light after the company announced Lia’s temporary hiatus from the group. It was announced on September 19, 2023, that Lia would be taking a break from activities due to health issues. Netizens expressed their concern for the star.
- But it’s so serious how people are coming out of JYP Entertainment one by one, with disk problems. If that’s the case, just how is the company helping to manage the members’ health?
- When your physical health is declines, so does your mental health. I’m speaking from experience… And ITZY’s especially been showcasing intense choreography since debut, so I was worried even as a fan of another group.
- If you get a herniated disk, your mental health suffers too.
- I felt bad for the members when they tried to joke about how it was hard for them to go up and down the stairs and how they used up a few years’ worth of their joints in advance due to their intense choreography.
- I’m experiencing neck and shoulder pain for the first time in my life, and the quality of my life dropped like that. My posture got worse, and I began to gain fat in my arms, when I’ve never experienced that before. When I was younger, my waist hurt, but now as I’m older, I’m getting aches in my neck, shoulders, arms, and wrists. It was better off when my waist was the one in pain. I dieted hard and fixed my posture and exercised in my 20s but it all went to waste in a second. Conclusively, once your disk starts hurting, you’ll be so annoyed and have it hard.
Lia will be halting activities for the moment until further notice, due to anxiety and other health issues.