Korean Netizens Are Already Disgusted By HBO’s “The Idol”
Netizens are disgusted by the upcoming HBO series, The Idol, after a tweet from American media outlet Variety went viral.
On May 23, Variety tweeted out a short review of the first two episodes of HBO’s The Idol, which is set to release on June 4. The series, which features BLACKPINK‘s Jennie, has been widely anticipated by K-Pop fans and follows the story of a budding singer as she navigates the treacherous music industry.
Revenge porn photos of bodily fluids on Lily Rose Depp’s face, masturbation with ice cubes, nightclub-owning scam artists and vile Hollywood sycophants populated the first two episodes of Sam Levinson's "The Idol." https://t.co/CbGnrTP3Cp
— Variety (@Variety) May 22, 2023
Revenge porn photos of bodily fluids on Lily Rose Depp’s face, masturbation with ice cubes, nightclub-owning scam artists, and vile Hollywood sycophants populated the first two episodes of Sam Levinson’s The Idol.
The tweet has since gone viral in Korean online communities, with many expressing horror at Variety’s review. Many expressed bewilderment at how a show consisting of the depicted scenes could ever make it to production.
- “Jennie is appearing in this? Why?”
- “Ew, dirty.”
- “I heard the director and the show’s scenario was completely changed, so the actors were basically scammed.”
- “Is this the movie (series) that Jennie is appearing in?”
- “Thanks to this, I don’t think I can listen to The Weeknd’s music anymore… I can’t act like I don’t know anymore. This is so uncomfortable.”
- “They really have strong stomachs.”
- “I am about to throw up.”
- “What kind of story is this? Are they crazy?”
What are your thoughts?