Lee Seung Gi Announces His Marriage To Lee Da In But Many Are Not Happy
On February 7, 2023, actor Lee Seung Gi announced his impending marriage to actress Lee Da In.
Lee Da In, the woman that I love, and I have decided to transition from lovers to “newlyweds.”
She accepted my proposal, and we received our blessings. I am announcing this to you with joy in my heart from having someone to be responsible for. She has a heart of gold, and she’s full of love. She is someone I want on my side forever.
— Lee Seung Gi
The reactions were explosive, given both actors’ fame and name. Lee Seung Gi has always been loved by the public and has a positive image. Frequent donations and praise from insiders have resulted in this. On the other hand, Lee Da In is known for her beauty and acting talent, but also for being the daughter of Kyeon Mi Ri. Kyeon Mi Ri was an actress before she married a businessman, Lee Da In’s stepfather. Unfortunately, her stepfather was charged with stock manipulation and insider trading. The matter caused the downfall of many families of stockholders, driving some to bankruptcy. Although he is only her stepfather, they were close enough for her and her sister, Lee Yu Bi, to take up his last name officially. Furthermore, netizens have always frowned upon the family’s extravagant lifestyle of luxury despite the scandal. You can read more about the matter here.
Korean Fan Sends A Protest Truck Urging Lee Seung Gi To Cut Ties With His “Girlfriend From A Family With Criminal History”
As such, many did not take kindly to the news of the marriage.
- “My pain will just be my own… This is such a good line.”
- “As a celebrity, Lee Seung Gi himself also probably went through lots but seems like he could hold it together because he had a lover. Rather than criticizing him for the problems of his in-laws, as his fan, I’ll be happy for him.”
- “Well, I felt like it was a pity for a moment but… Ultimately…”
- “There’s always a reason if people keep telling you no…”
- “His in-laws are huge financial scammers…”
The two will be wed this April in Seoul.