On October 6, right before the Bangkok leg of their 2023 tour “FLAME RISES,” LE SSERAFIM canceled the October 7 and 8 shows due to three members getting sick.
SOURCE MUSIC notified the fans in a three-language announcement via Weverse that Chaewon, Yunjin, and Kazuha have been diagnosed with Type A Influenza.
This is SOURCE MUSIC.
We regret to inform you that the 2023 LE SSERAFIM TOUR ‘FLAME RISES’ IN BANGKOK scheduled for Saturday, October 7, and Sunday, October 8, has been canceled.
On October 6 (GMT), KIM CHAEWON, HUH YUNJIN, and KAZUHA of LE SSERAFIM visited the hospital due to a sudden fever and headaches. After medical evaluation, they were diagnosed with Type A Influenza. Those affected by the virus are currently in self-quarantine and under medical supervision.
— SOURCE MUSIC
According to the announcement, the Bangkok leg of the tour has been called off “considering the artists’ health and following the guidance of medical professionals.”
Considering the artists’ health and following the guidance of medical professionals, our company has regrettably decided that it is not feasible to proceed with the 2023 LE SSERAFIM TOUR ‘FLAME RISES’ IN BANGKOK, leading to its cancellation.
We extend our heartfelt apologies to the fans who had eagerly anticipated the show, and we kindly request your understanding in this matter.
Refund information for purchased tickets will be provided via BEX’s social media channel. We will continue to place the highest priority on the health and safety of our artists and strive to ensure that all the members of LE SSERAFIM can meet their fans in full health. Thank you.
— SOURCE MUSIC
Following the announcement, LE SSERAFIM fans have expressed concern for the members—sharing their personal experiences with the flu season and how recovering “took longer than it did for COVID-19.”
- “The flu was worse than COVID-19, IMO. It was painful-AF… I hope they get the rest they need before coming back.”
- “I couldn’t even sleep when I had the flu. I needed fluids to get me through it. Sucks that the concerts had to be called off, but I hope they rest and get well soon.”
- “When I got the Type A Flu, I took longer to recover from it than I did for COVID-19. Of course, I spent the whole time scrolling on my phone…”
- “Stay healthy, girls.”
- “COVID-19 was nothing compared to the flu. Like, the flu comes with that high fever. It’s hard… I think it’s flu season right now. Take care, everyone.”
- “I was out dead for three days with the flu… It’s so painful. You all stay heathy!”
- “Oh no, must be painful. What a bummer… I hope they get well soon!”
- “Get a lot of rest and feel better soon!”
- “I agree, the flu was so much worse than COVID-19. Wishing them a good rest and fast recovery!”