NewJeans have been hit with hilarious plagiarism accusations.
On June 26, NewJeans stunned fans when they released a teaser for their upcoming single, “ASAP.”
In the trailer, the members looked otherworldly while donning blonde hair adorned with a flower tiara.
Then on June 28, an online post titled “NewJeans’ Teaser Plagiarism Controversy” went viral.
In the post, the author uploads several pictures of Park Myung Soo from the legandary variety show, Infinite Challenge. In the photos, Park Myung Soo also sports blonde hair and a flower tiara.
Netizens couldn’t help but laugh at the comparison, with many expressing shock at the similarities. Fans also alleged that Infinite Challenge had once again predicted the future.
- “It’s Infinite Challenge again? LOL.”
- “No wonder… I thought the concept looked familiar (jokingly.)”
- “Infinite Challenge members are basically fortune tellers.”
- “AHHH, LOL.”
- “The world doesn’t go around without Infinite Challenge.”
- “At this point, Infinite Challenge is NewJeans’ role model.”
- “I feel the original is better (joking).”
- “Didn’t NewJeans (copy) Infinite Challenge before?”
This isn’t the first time that a NewJeans concept went viral for having similarities to the legendary show. Previously, the group’s concept for “Ditto” was alleged to have “plagiarized” the show.
What are your thoughts? Do you think Infinite Challenge predicted the future?
In the meantime, check out NewJeans’ trailer in the link below!