NewJeans is once again alleged to have “plagiarized” Infinite Challenge.
On July 7, NewJeans released their latest MV for “Super Shy.” The song features the group’s signature mellow sound along with midi-laced house beats.
super shy is so catchy pic.twitter.com/zAHavE31ZB
— newjeans pics (@picsnewjeans) July 7, 2023
— n (@newjiram) July 7, 2023
The music video captures the song’s sweet but playful vibe perfectly. Viewers are treated to an abundance of color and catchy choreography.
cinematography of ‘super shy’ (2023) by newjeans pic.twitter.com/RLbugv2dzB
— athena ꔫ (@softokkis) July 7, 2023
newjeans makes pretty girl music like this is so fresh helloo pic.twitter.com/IDGgphQ856
— AARON (@lidolmix) July 7, 2023
While the song has been an instant hit with fans, some eagled-eye netizens, however, alleged the group had taken inspiration from a now-familiar source: Infinite Challenge.
Netizens in online communities shared several of the group’s choreography that, they allege, looked eerily similar to choreography from the legendary show.
This is hardly the first time the group has been alleged of paying tribute to Infinite Challenge. Previously, the group’s similar concept to the several episodes of the show has garnered laughs from netizens.
Netizens celebrated the group’s alleged homage. Many netizens celebrated the two very different-but-similar groups.
- “This is so hilarious, LOL. NewJeans are so cute while being in Infinite Challenge‘s world.
- “LOL. Do you guys only watch Infinite Challenge? You Infinite kids, LOL.”
- “The fact someone found this is more impressive, LOL.”
- “LOL, crazy!.”
- “Seriously, LOL.”
- “Ah, Noh Hong Chul, LOL. Why is he so funny?”
- “This is seriously impressive, LOL.”
- “InfiniteJeans’ form is crazy, LOL.”
- “Seriously, Infinite Challenge has everything, LOL.”
What are your thoughts? Watch the group’s latest music video for yourself in the link below!