SHINee Jonghyun’s Fan Comforts ASTRO Moonbin’s Fans With An Act of Kindness And Compassion
Since confirming the tragic loss of ASTRO‘s Moonbin, the management Fantagio has seen thousands of fans visit its headquarters in Seoul, leaving flowers and handwritten notes for the late idol.
Then on April 22, one fan on Twitter @LZlZDO8aSJ4xSVl shared their emotional interaction with a fan of SHINee‘s Jonghyun.
In a tweet, @LZlZDO8aSJ4xSVl shared a picture of a handwritten note taped to a brown paper bag. The note started off with, “I’m Jonghyun’s fan.” The said fan explained that while stopping to bid their farewell to Moonbin, they wanted to share some sweets for the grieving fans who might have been skipping meals.
I’m Jonghyun’s fan. I came to say my goodbyes and got worried about the fans who might be skipping their meals. So I’m leaving this bag of chocolates here.
I prepared plenty, so please grab handfuls and keep them around to eat. (If the bag ends up sitting in the sun, could anyone please move it to a shady spot? Thank you.)
— Handwritten Note
@LZlZDO8aSJ4xSVl thanked the Jonghyun fan and asked Moonbin to “go see places” with Jonghyun-hyung.
초콜릿 빈이사진 보면서
멋있지? 형아랑 여행 많이다녀^^ pic.twitter.com/GtO6nCuTF9
— 빈이로하 (@LZlZDO8aSJ4xSVl) April 23, 2023
Thank you. Thank you so much. I had some of the chocolate while looking over Binnie’s pictures. 💜 Bin, did you meet Jonghyunie-hyung? He’s so cool, isn’t he? I hope you and hyung go see a lot of places. ^^
The tweet has gone viral with K-Pop fans outside SHINee and ASTRO fandoms—appreciating the act of kindness and compassion and coming together to help ASTRO fans cope during this difficult time.
- “This is devastating. But at the same time, this is heartwarming…”
- “I shouldn’t have seen this. It’s making me tear up again.”
- “I hope both Jonghyun and Moonbin have found peace. I wasn’t in either of the fandoms, but I liked listening to Jonghyun’s songs. And I liked watching Moonbin’s dance challenges on YouTube. I thank them both for the good memories. Wishing them eternal happiness.”
- “Jonghyun and Moonbin… Please be free from pain and rest in peace and happiness, wherever you are.”
- “I’m bawling. T-T”
- “T-T I hope both of them have found peace.”
- “This is the first time I’m leaving a comment since Moonbin’s passing. I’m Hara’s fan and it has been difficult for me to come up with the right words to offer condolences. I thought, no matter what I say, it could come across as painful… I hope no one is blaming themselves for what happened. And whenever there are times the longing is so bad… It’s OK to cry. I hope everyone gets through it. We’re all feeling the same things. We want them to have found peace. We want them to be living carefree as their brightest, happiest selves, wherever they are.”
- “There are some words that can ONLY be offered by those who experienced the same things… This is making me cry.”
- “Oh, man. This is making me emotional all of a sudden.”
- “Both of them were such good people. I hope they find happiness together—doing things they couldn’t do while with us.”
- “I’m also Jonghyun’s fan. I went to the memorial after Key asked us to keep Moonbin in our thoughts. I couldn’t help my heart getting shattered… I hope ASTRO fans are not skipping meals. Please eat, drink water, and take care.”
Moonbin’s international fans have also created beautiful memorials across the globe.
Read more about AROHAs remembering the late idol below.
AROHAs Around The World Host Memorials To Honor ASTRO’s Moonbin