TWICE’s Jeongyeon And Dahyun Dish On Their Funny First Impressions Of Each Other As Trainees
TWICE‘s Jeongyeon and Dahyun go way back, but they still remember their first meeting like it was yesterday!
The “SCIENTIST” singers recently enjoyed a date in Jeongyeon’s house. After cooking a meal together, they sat down to enjoy the homecooked meal and naturally started a conversation.
They reminisced on the past, particularly on their first impressions of each other. According to Jeongyeon, her earliest memory of Dahyun is the way she used to tie her bangs. Dahyun explained that she was trying to grow them out, so she had no choice but to tie them up when they grew long!
- Jeongyeon: You always tied your bangs.
- Dahyun: I was growing out my bangs.
But more than her bangs, Jeongyeon was most surprised by the “eagle dance” she showed off during their monthly freestyle dances.
- Jeongyeon: For me, it’s your eagle dance.
- Dahyun: When we were doing freestyle dance?
- Jeongyeon: I was so shocked.
Dahyun’s eagle dance has long been a favorite of fans because of how quirky and unique it is. She was first spotted dancing it during a performance for her church.
She then took it over to reality program Sixteen, which impressed even J.Y. Park!
On the other hand, Dahyun’s memory of Jeongyeon is her short hair and long one-sided bang. In Jeongyeon’s defense, she was told by the management of JYP Entertainment that it suited her.
- Dahyun: When you were a trainee, your hair was so short, and you hid your one eye like this.
- Jeongyeon: The management told me to. They told me I look better like that. My hair was always like this.
Luckily, it didn’t lead to any accidents! She, of course, looks beautiful no matter the hairstyle.
- Dahyun: Didn’t it bother you? Didn’t it make you trip?
- Jeongyeon: No. (laughs)
- Dahyun: That’s your image in my memory.
Jeongyeon and Dahyun aren’t the only members who spent a day together. Previously, Sana and Chaeyoung had lunch in the Han River, while Nayeon and Tzuyu ate in a restaurant. Check out their date here:
TWICE’s Nayeon Opens Up About Being Grateful For Tzuyu’s Popularity During Their Debut