South Koreans Are Terrified After A Man Tries To Break Into A Girl’s Apartment Using A Wire
South Korea may not be as safe as many think. While the country has one of the lowest crime rates globally, one must still be vigilant and careful. Just a few years ago, the nation was in an uproar after a man stalked a girl’s home and even tried to enter her house. Thankfully, he was too slow, and the door swung shut despite his attempts to stop it quickly.
Just recently, in Bucheon City, Gyeonggi-do, a man tried to enter a girl’s apartment by slipping a wire through the space between the door and frame. As many digital locks in South Korea easily open from the inside, he tried to hook the door handle using the wire.
Thankfully, the girl was awake and at home. She quickly recorded the act using her phone for evidence before grabbing the wire. She questioned the man, who said he was from the real estate agency. However, the girl knew that her real estate agent had already shut down his company and had not contacted her in a while. She then quickly called the police as the man fled the scene. The police are investigating the case and have already collected fingerprints for reading.
The victim revealed that she has since been unable to return home out of fear. The news scared many, especially girls living alone in South Korea.
- My brother-in-law was alone at home in the daytime at my in-laws’ house, and this person tried to break the door down. Because my brother-in-law screamed, the person ran away. I wonder if they would have run if they had heard a girl’s scream instead. After we checked the CCTV, two guys pretended to give out flyers.
- Wow, I got goosebumps f*ck.
- Insane, f*ck. There’s no answer.
- But I’m so dumbfounded that they think this is a problem limited to girls only. Do you believe that burglars won’t target older men’s houses?
- Digital locks won’t do. You have to install another physical lock.
The issue soon went viral, with over 4.5 million views on Twitter. Twitterians worry about having to install a secondary lock on their doors.
미친 진짜 개소름돋음….이중 잠금 무조건 하고 살거임 pic.twitter.com/TTbf5Dx5wD
— 일상다반사 (@day_off_daying) May 16, 2023
Watch the full news report below.
What's Happening In Korea
Koreans React To Full-Blown Promotion of “The Flash” Movie Starring “Problematic” Ezra Miller
South Korean Woman In Her 20s Murders Another Woman After Approaching Her On A Tutoring App
Korean Man Climbs 16 Stories On The Outside Wall of His Ex-Girlfriend’s Apartment Building After Breakup: Ex’s Sister Captures It All On Camera
New Viral Photo Shows Asiana Airlines Flight Attendant Risking Her Life During Recent Incident: Koreans Outraged