Baseless rumors have always plagued K-Pop groups. Sometimes, these come from small moments taken out of context. For example, aespa‘s Karina and Giselle once came under suspicion of having discord due to a moment during a live stream.
Karina had moved Giselle’s hair out of the way, while Giselle immediately moved it back, not even looking in Karina’s direction.
Netizens quickly interpreted it as a power play between the two girls.
- “Giselle is so tough. She didn’t even glance at Karina.”
- “All of the members seem like they have strong personalities.”
- “Power play between girls is so scary. That’s why they always say a girl’s greatest enemy is another girl. How scary.”
- “Seems like power play amongst girls is a daily occurrence. How savage.”
The girls probably saw the accusatory post, for they were quick to joke about it during their following public appearance. The girls pretended to fight over the moment, with Giselle moving Karina’s hair this time.
They could not contain their laughter as they laughed about the baseless rumors.
Belatedly, netizens grew impressed with the humorous way they dealt with the matter.
- “Ah, the last GIF is so funny. Just how ridiculous they must’ve thought it was.”
- “I see that aespa girls are f*cking easygoing LOL f*ck how likable.”
- “It’s so cute how they reenacted it while laughing about it.”
- “I saw this on Twitter. They’re so likable.”
On a closer look, Karina had initially moved Giselle’s hair as it was in the way of her microphone. Due to the mirroring effect on the live stream camera, she had moved the hair on the wrong side. Giselle immediately caught on and readjusted her hair, pulling the hair out of her microphone.