BTS‘s J-Hope released “Chicken Noodle Soup” featuring Becky G two years ago today. As ARMYs celebrate and remember this iconic song, check out the 10 reasons below why the whole era is legendary!
1. It achieved the goal of bringing people together through dance and music.
J-Hope paid the song’s original artist Bianca Bonnie $2.7M USD for the rights and released his own version for free.
J-Hope set out with the goal of uniting people through their passion for dance and did exactly that!
2. It spans across languages, cultures, and generations.
From Korean to English to Spanish, it unites both J-Hope and Becky G’s cultures. Similarly, it spans across generations by reinventing the original song from the early 2000s.
It also features a variety of dancers from diverse backgrounds and regions!
3. J-Hope is kind to all of the dancers and gives them the credit and respect they deserve.
He made sure to include all of their names in the ending credits.
let's not forget that #JHOPE made sure to credit every single dancer who participated in the Chicken Noodle Soup MV! Hoseok knows how much this gesture means!! 👏👏#2YearsWithCNS#호비랑희지네_닭칼국수_개업2주년 pic.twitter.com/8OKT2zJcsb
— hourly j-hope (@hourlyhobi) September 26, 2021
4. The song was praised by Korea’s Foreign Minister.
The song was used as an example of “how culture can be a platform to create added value through meeting other industries” at the 2019 ASEAN-ROK Commemorative Summit in Busan.
i'm here to remind everyone that CNS was mentioned by the Foreign Minister of Korea because of the Cultural Impact it had when it was released. #2YearsWithCNS #CNS2aniversario#호비랑희지네_닭칼국수_개업2주년
CNS BEST COLLABORATION
— rich | #CNSto300M (@desiseok) September 26, 2021
5. J-Hope was the first solo BTS member to chart on Billboard’s Hot 100.
The song propelled him to reach all kinds of achievements. It charted #1 on YouTube’s Global Music Video chart, reached #1 on iTunes in over 100 countries, and featured a viral TikTok challenge with over 100M views!
6. He did his best despite the intense conditions during the music video shoot.
The California summer sun created extremely hot weather that would have deterred many people from filming, but not J-Hope.
Even in the blazing heat, J-Hope gives 110% of his effort to create a final product that lives up to his standards for himself.
7. J-Hope was extremely particular about every scene and redid them until they were perfect.
He takes his work very seriously and is not satisfied until he knows he’s tried his absolute best!
8. He pushed through the loneliness of missing his members.
He traveled across the world alone to pursue his solo project, which earns him tons of props.
9. Becky G and J-Hope did their best to communicate with each other.
Despite having a language barrier, they got to understand each other as artists and grow a deep feeling of respect for one another.
10. It brought us this J-Hope…
…and this J-Hope…
…and even this J-Hope! What more could you ask for?!
Relive the iconic music video below!