Korean Netizens React To American Critics’ Scathingly Bad Reviews Of HBO’s “The Idol”
HBO The Idol‘s score on Rotten Tomatoes is going viral in Korea.
On May 24, the shockingly bad Rotten Tomatoes score for HBO’s upcoming series The Idol, starring BLACKPINK‘s Jennie went viral in Korea. Rotten Tomatoes is a site that is widely used by critics, reporters, and audiences.
In their review, critics lambasted the series with scathing reviews and gave the show a score of 9 out of 100. Critics who reviewed the series include reporters from notable publications such as The Rolling Stone, London Evening Standard, Variety, Collider, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Beast, and Vanity Fair.
The reviews have since gone viral in Korea. Many netizens reacted to the scathing reviews of the series.
- “A 9 on Rotten Tomatoes means this is straight trash.”
- “The plot makes me want to throw up.”
- “I have never seen a 9 before, LOL.”
- “This is the worst.”
- “I have never seen a single-digit score on Rotten Tomato.”
- “I have never seen a score as low as this before.”
- “No way, it scored a 9 out of 100?”
Previously, netizens expressed their disdain for the upcoming series when a tweet from an American media outlet reviewing the series went viral.
Stay tuned for updates.