You may know Ahn Jae Hong from his role in Fight For My Way as Kim Joo Man, the lovable best friend to Park Seo Joon’s Go Dong Man.
You might also know him from Be Melodramatic, where he played the Son Beom Soo, Lim Jin Joo’s (played by Chun Woo Hee) boyfriend.
In both dramas, he was the perfect gentleman and boyfriend. Which is why fans were super shocked to see him make a total transformation for his newest role, Ju Oh Nam in Mask Girl.
He played the role to perfection, nailing the tics and mannerisms of an otaku. Awkward, unable to interact with women, even displaying a high dependency on online materials to satisfy his sexual cravings. In the scene below, he forces a confession of love on the main character, Kim Mo Mi.
마스크걸 안재홍 고백공격 하 x발….연기지만 너무 견디기힘듬 pic.twitter.com/TtEDUCzuug
— one.. (@__onechzn) August 18, 2023
Clips of his scenes in Mask Girl were quickly reposted to Twitter, gaining between 1 to 2 million views per scene. He went especially viral for the scene of him celebrating his birthday with a life-sized sex doll.
마스크걸 안재홍 씹타쿠 일본어 ㅆㅂ pic.twitter.com/i2pJ6cDOIp
— 취향 (@loverflavor) August 18, 2023
Netizens were in complete awe at his acting skills.
- Ah, can you act a little worse?
- Ahn Jae Hong… He really threw himself away to immerse himself in the role. I can’t believe that this acting was possible. I’m shocked.
- Is Ahn Jae Hong an acting genius?
- He’s f*cking good at such acting. I’m even sorry to just be saying that he’s good at acting because he’s so good that I don’t know how to express it. F*ck, I love him.
- Ah f*ck, LOL.
- Wow, I have to give it to him. He’s truly sincere about his acting.
- Ah f*ck, [Mo Mi] quitting her job…
- Whenever I watch Ahn Jae Hong’s acting, I think he’s completely whoever the character is. I always thought he was good. As expected, he went a little crazier this time.
Ahn Jae Hong plays Ju Oh Nam, an otaku who enjoys watching Mask Girl’s live streams. He later finds out that Mask Girl is his colleague, Kim Mo Mi. He becomes obsessed with her, then goes missing.